If this is your first time stumbling across me, here’s the basics about me and what I do…
- I’m called Carlos Real, some of my friends call me Raul.
- No, I’m not Spanish, but there is some in the family.
- No, I don’t speak it either.
- I am lucky to have a girlfriend who has put up with me for a long time.
- I’m from Bury, which is 7 miles north of Manchester, UK.
- I work here and here.
- I have an interest in, and write about, marketing, technology, finance and a few other things.
- I am not religious.
- Politically, I am centre-right. I’m always up for discussing this.
- I enjoy cooking and Rainbow Six Siege, but not at the same time.
- I consume Tim Ferriss, James Altucher and Gary Vaynerchuk for my business, tech, marketing and general knowledge.
- I occasionally play poker.
- I used to go fishing and enjoied it, but don’t make time for it anymore.
- I like hot/spicy food.
- I’d like to live in New York for 3-6 months to see if the novelty wears off.
- I didn’t go to university. I went to work instead.
- I presented a season of the Business Show on Salford City Radio, in Manchester.
- I know my way around a server and have a pretty solid technical aptitude.
- I’ve just noticed that all-but-one of these items starts with “I”.
- I read quite a lot. (actually I don’t, I listen to audiobooks on audible instead because its difficult to read a book while driving)
- My instagram handle is @carlosjreal
- I’m not into sports.
That is about it. Anything else of note will be added over time.